2014 Chinese Bridge-Summer Camp for U.S. High School Students will be held in China from July 17th to August 1st . This year, Confucius Institute Headquarters will invite 800 American high school students and chaperons to participate in the summer camp and open 10-30 places for each Confucius Institute/Classroom (student-chaperon ratio is about 10:1).
During the summer camp, students will go to different provinces or cities to have Chinese language classes and Chinese culture experience in groups. Confucius Institute Headquarters will be responsible for their cost in China including food, accommodation and group activities. Students and chaperons will be responsible for international travel fees, international insurance, visa application fees and so on.
All students and chaperons should meet the following criteria:
1. American citizen;
2. High school students; age between 14 and 18; grades from 9 to 12;
3. Non-Chinese learning background and less than three years of Chinese learning experiences;
4. Have great interests in Chinese language and culture;
5. Healthy enough for international travel.
1. Respect and understand Chinese culture;
2.Good at communication and adaptable to new environments;
3.With K-12 teaching experiences;
4.Highly experienced in student management;
5.Healthy enough for international travel;
6. Under 50 years old.
Chaperons also need to perform the following duties:
1. Assist Confucius Institutes/Classrooms in pre-departure training for students;
2.Participate in all summer camp activities with students and comply with requirements;
3. Take the primary responsibilities for the safety of students during summer camp;
4. Help students adapt the environment and provide guidance for them;
5. Accompany students in emergency situation and provide help to contact their families;
6. Collect students’ feedbacks and hand in reports to Confucius Institutes/Classrooms.
To apply, please mail your application materials to Confucius Institute (1623 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37996) by March 30, 2014.
Contact: Ms. Wenting Pi (email@example.com/865-974-5753)