The Confucius Institute at the University of Tennessee (CI@UT) is excited to announce a 2018 summer camp program in China. This summer camp is co-sponsored by the Confucius Institute at UT, Confucius Institute Headquarters (Hanban), and Southeast University in Nanjing, China. This two-week summer camp will take place from June 17, 2018 to June 30, 2018. Participants will be involved in a variety of activities, including Chinese language study, hands-on workshops, social activities with local Chinese students and excursions to places with cultural and historical significance. The Confucius Institute Headquarters will cover the expenses associated with the official summer camp program, including local accommodation, meals, domestic transportation, courses and excursions included in the official program. Participants will be responsible for their own international airfares, Chinese visa application fee, International Student Identity Card fee (required by CIE), personal health and travel insurances, and personal expenditures.
Prospective participants should meet the following criteria:
- US. citizen (has a U.S. passport);
- Valid UT student ID;
- Interested in Chinese language and culture;
- Good health condition for international travel;
- Willing to participate in all summer camp activities and comply with the requirements and policies.
If you are interested in participating in this summer camp, please download and fill out the forms below and email them to the Confucius Institute at the University of Tennessee at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 5, 2018.
- Students interested in having a longer experience in China can consider participation in the English Immersion Summer Camp to be held on June 30-July 14, 2018. For more information, please email Betty Tipton – email@example.com or Brittany Coats – firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dates may vary depending on camp offering.
- Application Form for 2018 UT Confucius Institute Summer Camp
- Medical Authorization Form_2018 CI@UT Summer Camp
- Waiver of Liability and Hold Harmless Agreement_2018 CI@UT Summer Camp
- Acknowledgement_2018 CI@UT Summer Camp
For questions, please contact:
Room 110, UT International House 1623 Melrose Avenue, Knoxville, TN 37919
Phone: 865-974-5753 Email: email@example.com